Monday, March 16, 2009

I Am Legend


My new favorite movie!

*This post may contain spoilers for those of you who have not seen it. *

I really don't like movies with infected people, zombies, or any other strange creature. Especially when those movies include bloody scenes or lots of gory stuff. I'll be honest, it scares me silly!

So that's why this movie is my new favorite movie! Sure there were some bloody scenes, but not super bloody or anything, if you get what I'm saying. I even cried, my mom is usually the one that does that (oh, you know, those people that cry at the weirdest times - that's my mom), at the part where Robert has to kill Sam, his dog. I had to turn away from my mom, so she couldn't laugh at me. (WARNING: THIS IS A SPOILER) But the funny part is I didn't cry when Robert sacrificed himself, I almost did though.

Anyway, this movie was well put together and whatever emotion you were meant to feel, you felt. At the sad parts, I cried, usually, at the scary parts, I cringed or yelped, at the funny parts, I laughed. I love the emotion and depth in this movie. How horrible this movie would have been if Robert hadn't talked to the mannequins like they were living, how unrealistic. The guy has been alone and without his loved ones for a long time, what more could you expect. At that point I would be trying to live with the deer!

There is also some really good acting in this movie. Well, obviously with Will Smith in it! He really gives the movie the emotion necessary for any and all scenes. Especially good acting at the emotional scenes, like when he had to kill his dog or when he was yelling at Ana (explaining that no one was left, or when he sacrificed himself. Well done! These amazing scenes made the movie what it is.

So, yeah, I LOVED this movie and I'll probably by it (and when I do, I will still cry, laugh, and cringe). DEFINITELY watch this movie! Take my advice it rocks! If I were to give it a "thumb" review, it would receive ...(insert drumroll here)... two!

Sabriel A.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am about to download it. I like movies and I Watch Movies Online with my friends on every Saturday night.