Monday, November 3, 2008

Appreciation

I have decided to go with a lighter topic today, especially after the one last week.

Everyday I come home and try to get all my homework done fast, so I can watch TV or do something else along those lines. Already you can see that I take for granted the fact that I have a home and a TV. I should stop to consider all the people that don't have a home and live without electricity because there are a lot of people who don't have these luxuries I take for granted. I also never appreciate the work my mom does and I always complain about the chores I have to do, like clean my room, walk the dog, and empty the dishwasher. My mom goes to work at 4 or 5 (sometimes later) in the morning at a retail store, where she works her hardest for me and my brother. She works so that she can bring money home for everything that I take for granted. I don't ever stop to thank her for her hard work, when I should. Everyone does good things for each other [sometimes] and they deserve at least a "thanks" out of it.

So everyone should say "thanks" a little more often!

2 comments:

ann_ngo1001 said...

I totally agree with you! Sometimes I would always get my homework done fast, so I can go on the computer or watch TV!

I really do think that mothers and a lot of people that do little things for you should get a "thanks" for appreciation. I always took those things for granted (in fact, I hardly even notice them most of the time!), but I always try to say thank you.

But I already know you're a pretty polite and appreciative person. ;D

Royals said...

Most definitely I agree with you. People do not say "thank you" enough and don't realize how hard their parents work to get the materials and things their children want. I know my parents came to America for my brother and my education, so I want to make the best out of it. Your family loves you a lot, and is willing to sacrifice a lot for you.

Kids have gotten so selfish these days. With today's the world, the technology, fashion, and everything has cause greed in many people.

I hate that. I wish people just knew how to go back to basics, and take the time to appreciate the small things.

Great blog Marianne. (:

We've seen your soft side finally in your blogs!