Monday, November 17, 2008

Thanksgiving (I know it's still far away!)

:) My favorite character in Kung Fu Panda is the turtle! :D

Anyway, todays topic is Thanksgiving!

Alright so I know that most people only like Thanksgiving because it's a no school/work day and there's lots of food! Some people don't really care what it means-what it symbolizes. Well, to be perfectly honest I am one of those people, I am just happy to say that there is no school and lots of food. I should care more about what this holiday symbolizes, peace and friendship (and other things)! Thanksgiving is an important day for people because it is about...(what's the word?)...collaborating. Familes and friends get together and share food with each other, they talk and laugh! Those are the best parts of Thanksgiving but when people ask us what we like most about Thanksgiving they say food or no school. I am going to try to appreciate this holiday more for what it symbolizes!

I am also going to celebrate that this will be my last Thanksgiving with braces (I hate braces!)!!!!!

2 comments:

Royals said...

oh hahaah i know me too!!!

I like thanksgiving because there's no school, and the food! (:

Right on!

ann_ngo1001 said...

I totally agree with you! I'm one of the people who don't really think much about Thanksgiving besides no school / food.

And most of the time, Tanksgiving is really overlooked (commercial-wise), because after Halloween, everyone puts up their Christmas lights, and all the Christmas trees come out along with commercials, songs, and other things. Anyway, I'm talking too much. XP