Monday, October 27, 2008

Couple charged for the near-starvation of a 14 year old

King 5 News: http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_102608INVK-starving-girl-details-DS.151bfb674.html

When I read this I was horrified. I couldn't believe that anyone could be so vile, I mean starving a 14 year old girl! In the article it states: "The girl reports it was so bad, her stepmother would watch her brush her teeth to make sure she didn't swallow extra water. And because the faucet was loud, she'd sneak drinks from the toilet." That is just horrible for anyone to have to live in circumstances like those, thankfully she is away from them now. I can't believe that couple did that but the part that makes me angry is that the most time they will get in jail is about 36 to 48 months in prison. That girl faced a serious injustice and all the time those horrible people have to spend in jail is 48 months at the most. That is just outrageous, they deserve far worse in my opinion!

3 comments:

Royals said...

You are so right!
If I were that girl, even if they were my own parents, I'd be very upset that my own family would do that to me.

I think her parents not only need more time in jail, but in some special clinic or rehab!

ann_ngo1001 said...

OMG. That is sooo horrible! Why would her parents do that to her? To me, that's just gross and wrong and inhumane of them to ever do that. I mean, what was up with them?

I totally agree with you, I hope they get more time spent in jail, since 48 months seems like nothing to what that girl went through. If it were me, I would let them starve and see how they felt =/
But at least the girl is okay, and that's all that matters.

ann_ngo1001 said...

-Anre