Monday, January 5, 2009

Poem...

The Lone Tree

All around me, all was gone,
Lush beauty transformed into an unrecognizable wasteland,
My roots and branches throbbed with longing,
A longing so distinct, it was all I could feel.
I wanted to be removed from this lonely place,
I wanted the forest that once was.
That once was before many trees are cut to the ground and taken away...
So far away.
So far away from hope, love, and family.
Come back to me...
I call, through my leaves, through my roots, and soul.
No one returns the gesture.
I am alone forever and now in this place that I once called home.
They will come back for me before long and perhaps the forest will begin anew.

1 comment:

Royals said...

wowwww, your poems are amazing!


so touching, and really nice usage of vocabulary (wink-wink, hahaaha)

i love this poem! Okay, i'm gonna save this 'cause it's so good. (: