Monday, January 26, 2009

Once Upon A Hot Day

46. Write about a hot day.
A girl's ice cream slipped and fell onto the pavement. Sizzling, away it melted. People walking around in shorts and tees. Ice and every kind of cold beverage you can imagine crowded hands. Fans blew inside homes. Most of the fortunate people remained in doors, with their air conditioning. I mourned in silence,...plop. Whoa! A tired runner sits down on me, and leans back, glugging water. I turn back to watching. The grass stands straight and still, the leaves on branches are even stiller than the grass. Not a breeze to disturb the branches. Sprinklers run and kids dodge through the showerng sprinkles. I stare, enviously. It doesn't seem fair that the suns rays should beat down directly on me, I can't even move. If you haven't guessed by now I am a park bench.

Sorry, I'm bored! (LOL)

No comments: